WHAT WE DO
The Wey Island is a secluded site of just over an acre immediately beside the River Wey.
This wonderful resource has been gradually developed to provide youth centre and school groups everything they need to organise a fun activity day out by the river or a residential trip where a range of challenging activities can be organised.
Available resources for visiting groups are:
- A clubhouse room
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Toilets and Showers
- Male/female dormitories (with separate staff rooms)
- Fleet of canoes for use on the river
- Separate canoe training lagoon for younger children with access channel to the river
- Off road bikes
- Club house equipped with table tennis, table football and a recreation area with log fire
- Outdoor BBQ with adjacent covered group work seating area
- Picnic table area
- Riverside seating
- 5-a-side football pitch with goals
- Large grass area for organised games
- Area for having safe camp fires
- Equipment for raft building challenge
Being a secluded, gated resource, schools or youth centres can easily manage groups of up to 25 youngsters, especially by offering a range of activities using sub groups.
Sub group activities could also include offsite such as orienteering, canal walks or visiting Brookland Museum
The trust also provides a welcome service for groups using the island for the first time. Our island manager can be on site upon arrival to show staff how everything works and also support the Island being left in a proper and clean state at the end of the visit, to ensure the next group can fully enjoy the site and its facilities.